THE UX DESIGNER:
Global Voices is an international language services agency who are expanding rapidly! We are looking for a talented UX Designer to join us on our exciting journey. This is an amazing opportunity to shape our journey and build your own team by being the first foot in the door, bringing the opportunity for exciting leadership and progression opportunities.
UX DESIGNER OVERVIEW:
The UX Designer will play a pivotal role within Global Voices. Working alongside the Front End Developer, Web Developer and Content Writer. You’ll be part of the Digital Marketing Department, and responsible for conducting user research, design and writing UX copy. You’ll also be validating and testing and presenting design solutions to the Marketing Department and Senior Management Team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Skilled in relevant web design software, such as PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• An ability to think creatively and laterally.
• 2 years+ of UX Design or web design experience.
• Delivery focused with good time management skills.
• Strong understanding of UX, UI and providing high levels of usability.
• Skilled and experienced user of WordPress.
• Excellent pro-active communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Taking the lead in the design and development of our WordPress-based websites.
• Developing new and creative ideas using Adobe programmes.
• Working with APIs and 3rd party integrations.
• Reporting on progress, targets and strategic goals for Global Voices’ web strategy.
• Taking a strong leadership role with regards to project management.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
• Experience of using CSS.
• Experience of using HTML5.
• Experience of using PHP.
• Experience of using Java or C#.
EMPLOYER BRAND VIDEO:
See what our staff have to say in our 2020 employer brand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLmR8i3DKM
WHAT WE VALUE:
• Positivity, ambition, and energy and a hunger to succeed.
• An eagerness to learn.
• Robustness, assertiveness, and outwardly confident in nature.
• Career focused with progression in mind.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
• Clear progression path and development plan.
• Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
• Private pension scheme.
• Yearly company-sanctioned vacations overseas.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
• This role is full time and will be based at our head office in Stirling, Scotland, UK.
• Working hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm UK time, Monday – Friday.